Libya attack had nothing to do with film according to US officials
It was not an innocent mob," one senior official said. "The video or 9/11 made a handy excuse and could be fortuitous from their perspective, but this was a clearly planned military-type attack."
This meshes with information recorded earlier in this post, including that U.S. sources told CNN that the Benghazi attack was planned, and that perhaps a protest against the film was used as a diversion. Also, a London think tank with strong ties to Libya speculated Wednesday that Stevens was the victim of a targeted al Qaeda attack "to avenge the death of Abu Yaya al-Libi, al Qaeda's second in command killed a few months ago."
This has been very revealing to me. The fact that the first thing Obama and/or his administration said was to apologize for some in America saying things that hurts the Muslim feelings instead of condemning the attacks as possibly terrorist related to 9/11 and/or avenging for an Al Qaeda leader shows where his head and heart are. He apparently had no firm knowledge of the reason for this attack yet assumed it was America's fault anyway. Obama puts his mouth in gear before he activates his brain.