This topic is placed on the SLW message board because one under the screen name of Borg has sought to appeal to the naïve and revise the history of the Federal Reserve Act’s passage.
Quotes by Lindbergh: (from Wikipedia)
• "This [Federal Reserve Act] establishes the most gigantic trust on earth. When the President Woodrow Wilson signs this bill, the invisible government of the monetary power will be legalized....the worst legislative crime of the ages is perpetrated by this banking and currency bill."
Also quoted as:
• "This Act establishes the most gigantic trust on Earth. When the President signs this bill, the invisible government by the Monetary Power will be legalized, the people may not know it immediately but the day of reckoning is only a few years removed.... The worst legislative crime of the ages is perpetrated by this banking bill.”
• "A radical is one who speaks the truth."
• "The Aldrich Plan is the Wall Street Plan. It means another panic, if necessary, to intimidate the people. Aldrich, paid by the government to represent the people, proposes a plan for the trusts instead." - The Aldrich Plan History of central banking in the United States was a forerunner to that which spawned the Federal Reserve.
• "To cause high prices, all the Federal Reserve Board will do will be to lower the rediscount rate..., producing an expansion of credit and a rising stock market; then when ... business men are adjusted to these conditions, it can check ... prosperity in mid career by arbitrarily raising the rate of interest. It can cause the pendulum of a rising and falling market to swing gently back and forth by slight changes in the discount rate, or cause violent fluctuations by a greater rate variation and in either case it will possess inside information as to financial conditions and advance knowledge of the coming change, either up or down. This is the strangest, most dangerous advantage ever placed in the hands of a special privilege class by any Government that ever existed. The system is private, conducted for the sole purpose of obtaining the greatest possible profits from the use of other people's money. They know in advance when to create panics to their advantage, They also know when to stop panic. Inflation and deflation work equally well for them when they control finance."
Note that Congressman Lindbergh was one of the most vocal opponents of the Federal Reserve Act and was physically attacked on the House floor by the Act’s supporters prior to its passage. This comment is placed here because the information was discovered some time ago, but can no longer be found. It is, however, believable considering the assassination of past POTUSs that opposed the country’s private central banks. If anyone can discover reference to this, please provide a title (to avoid Yahoo deletion) to the link.