Last Friday, we entertained hypothetical cup & handle chart formation as a likely scenario. Based on likelihood of C&H, I unloaded my entire position at 3.70. As price consolidated last few days, it violated
Fibonacci retracement of 50% today and found support at Fibonacci retracement of ~61.8%.
Yesterday, there were no bids or willing sellers, etc. Today, we found some bids and willing sellers and more than 4m shares exchanged hands. I started nibbling again once I saw the bids at 3.18.
As we understood and previously discussed, the market turned volatile...
In short, I will be holding through upcoming ER with 6-12 month perspective.
One of the things I will be looking for tomorrow is whether the support will hold at both 50 day MA (3.12) and 80 day MA (3.15) on a closing basis. As previously noted, this area also happens to be Fibonacci retracement area (61.8%).
Just out of curiosity, I talked to my broker and, according to him, no shares are currently available for short. Having no shares available to short has myriad implications since we all know well the current composition of shareholders and enormous short interests. Yet, most of us wouldn't know, including myself (we can only guess), what the h*&% is going on. Only time and price action will perhaps give us a glimpse of information we are not privy to, etc.
GTAT Management is giving shorts an advanced warning with a "heads-up" by ways of providing clarity and future revenue expectations, etc. In short, shorts either have to slay the company or cover at some point.