Like the MB here, we don't know JACK about what's going on. So we have our own favorite rumors. Listed in no particular order of seriousness:
- We are being acquired by one of the bidders and the delay is trying to get court approval.
- A White Knight in the form of a competitor has emerged and has offered to buy the inkjet business, sans patents having nothing to do with inkjet printers.
- Bidding was a disaster and now we are trying to re-package selected patents for the best price.
- Bidding is normal and continues, and we are approaching 20 billion.
- Bidding started low and is proceeding, but at very low increments.
Needless to say, not a lot of work is getting done this week.
Not sure what you meant by "choose KRIP", as everyone has KRIP (Kodak Retirement Income Plan).
When you retired, pre-BK, you could take it as a lump-sum, or a couple of different annuity options if you are married.
If you retired after BK, you could only take KRIP as an annuity but once EK emerges from BK, you have the option of getting the rest as a lump sum, under some set of rules that HR explained but I don't remember.
So the way I understand it, I don't think anyone's KRIP is at risk. You just might not get it all at once.
But don't take my word for it, just call HR.