The earnings calls have been entertaining in the past. Now that Miller is gone, I don't expect as much entertainment (Miller classic: "as usual Subash, you don't know what you are talking about"). The calls have also been useful sources of information not contained in the press release. Questions we need answers to tomorrow (I don't expect the press release to cover these):
1. CEO status
2. Buda results/outlook (on second thought maybe that will be in the press release)
3. impact of NG hedge/price action
4. potential partnerships for operations (not another complex KKR deal, please)
5. analyst day (will they even mention it)
6. potential takeout (I wonder if anyone will ask)
If they don't outright announce a buyout tomorrow, they are going to have to answer questions on these topics. Even if they are headed to a buyout, until they announce it, they have to at least go through the motions of being a public company.
Add "what is your forward guidance" to the list of questions. Interesting that they did not address that in the PR - I wonder if that means they are going to lower it? Or maybe spring a surprise on the call and raise it? We already know the capital budget, and they have data on what they can reasonably expect from new production, so they know what to guide ...