Fri, Jul 25, 2014, 10:41 AM EDT - U.S. Markets close in 5 hrs 19 mins

Recent

% | $
Click the to save as a favorite.

Magnum Hunter Resources Corp. Message Board

  • billglueck billglueck Apr 23, 2010 3:40 PM Flag

    What's in your Portfolio?

    If you care to play along I'm always interested to know what other investors are holding at any given point in time. Good way to find stocks to do some homework on.

    Here's my portfolio right now.

    1. MHR
    2. TGB
    3. UXG
    4. RBY
    5. SSN
    6. LEI
    7. Cash

    Would like to buy PRWT back around .85 on Monday if possible.

    And I know I'm not diversified. That's not an important part of my investment strategy.

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • Geez, do you really want to know??

      TGB
      RBY
      SSN
      LEI
      CHOP
      GVCM
      ARMH
      PRWT
      NBG
      PLM
      LPIH
      MHR
      GG
      VOD
      AAU
      UXG

    • I'll play:

      Not all my positions, but I'm in six areas:
      1. Banks/finance: AGM, BCS, IAAC, KCAP, KFN
      2. Insurance: HIG and XL
      3. Oil + Natural gas: LGCY, BEXP, SSN, LEI (will be in and out), AAR, CEP, CMZ, CQP, ENP, EPL, EXXI, PSTR
      4. Alternative energy: ZBB, WLCDF
      5. Real estate: AGNC, AMRR, NLY, AHT, DDR, DFT, FCH
      6. Shipping: GSL, ONAV, TOPS

      Background: B.Sc. Computer Science and MA International Relations (focus on energy policy).

      I walked out of the market prior to the meltdown (and had my family and friends do the same). Bought in around the bottom for most of the core positions.

      I judge what a stock is worth on a number of variables:
      1. Balance sheet
      2. Book value
      3. Management
      4. Technical charts (this is really for trading more than investing)
      5. Sentiment (this is really for trading more than investing)

    • EROC and LEI, HMMMM! Thxs people
      Jeff

    • EROC and LEI, HMMMM! Thxs people
      Jeff

    • Lpih.ob soon to uplist. fwd PE of 4.
      Investors hub picked it as their #2 pick.

    • MHR
      BEXP
      AEZ
      BHP
      FCX
      NOG
      HDY
      $1050 cash(4 tanks of diesel and $50 for Margaritas!)

      Nice diversification, eh?

    • Current positions--swing trades

      c dcth mhr opwv prwt rby s ssn nm

      sales this month--april

      vvus snts idra onnn biod kerx hma tgb hban
      fnk(short) uup

    • MHR
      TGB
      CKGT
      IMGN
      NEWN
      GMO

      • 1 Reply to jromewilly
      • Here is my list in roughly the order of value.

        MHR
        Cash (suprising, huh? More of my sell orders hit than I expected)
        CHL
        MPET (moved up because I bought more at good prices this week)
        END
        TGB
        ALIF
        SSN
        ADLS (don't even look at it unless you are a true gambler. It either triples in the next couple of months or goes down by more than 50%). I think there is about a 30% chance it triples, a 50% chance it tanks and a 20% chance it doesn't move much either way.

        I have several companies on my short list of buys right now; just trying to get them for the price that I want.

        I also own 8 mutual funds in tax deferred accounts that don't offer individual stocks as an option. That is probably a good thing. Otherwise most of that money might end up in MHR! I really believe that the next two months will be very positive for MHR's stock.

    • I am fairly new to MHR, but am a consistent forum reader soaking up as much knowledge as possible, so always read your posts and respect your knowledge.
      I also own SSN, and I believe i see you on that board as well.
      I noticed you have a couple of mining stocks. I too am not a diversification type either. Was wondering if you had ever taken a look at QMM. One thing I look for in these smaller cap stocks is solid management and a good leader, with previous success and they seem to have one. Just curious as to if it had ever shown up on your radar. I am not a pumper, just curious. They just posted solid results and have a couple of JV's with some well known companies. Future seems really bright.

      QMM,PCX,SIRI,NOV,GTE,SGY
      Thanks

      • 1 Reply to duhman78
      • My portfolio is a lot like Upton's in that I have about 40-50. I will just list the exciting ones. We all have the AEZ, KOG, MHR, SSN in the oil patch. Check out CRR they sell the propellants that all of the companies use to Frac the shale. It just keeps going up. ABR, BAC, CCL(paid for next cruise with profits already you go to love that), EGLE -this will take off once they rotate into this sector. Low hanging fruit that has not realized the comback that most have. LYG - really like this one. SLX, SRZ, TUR, URE and just bought a little of the ANTF today. I need to review that one more this weekend. getting in before it even gets named. Its been a great year since the low last March. I am seeing Now Hiring signs go up and have not seen that in Northen Ohio in 3 years. Economy is on the comeback. Good Luck to All.

    • My Portfolio is

      LUK MDR MHR INTC KFT FFNOX CASH

    • View More Messages
 
MHR
7.005-0.065(-0.92%)10:40 AMEDT

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.