Wed, Apr 16, 2014, 2:00 AM EDT - U.S. Markets open in 7 hrs 30 mins


% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Qiao Xing Mobile Communication Co., Ltd. Message Board

  • fadeng88 fadeng88 Jan 4, 2012 10:12 PM Flag


    There isn't huge difference between what Shah wants in his letter, 2.5 shares of XING + 50 cents, and what XING was offering at 2010, 1.9 share of Xing + 80 cents. Basically Shah wants additional 0.6 share of XING at 30 cents.

    Shah is now known to have weak hands, and Wus do have to give in much. But if Wus want to unlock the $340 million of cash, now is about the best time. The Chinese ADRs are in rock bottom, but the mood may improve substantially in a matter of months. Wus may have more difficult time to convince the minority share holders to accept his offer if the market of Chinese ADRs improve.

    Can Shah and Wus compromise to reach a deal for their best interests?

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • I think my estimates for prices are reasonable. The significant thing missing is an offer from XING. So we wait. Again.

    • $3.50 is enough for me as it allows me to break even. However, I think your pricing of XING at $2 upon such an announcement is unrealist. Xing will go up some but I doubt it will come close to $2 IMHO.

    • And Wu does not want to compromise with SHAH so far.

      Most all of us wish Wu would compromise but he has control so here we are. Do it his way or it won't get done.

      I would certainly be happy with anything over $1.50 and overjoyed at $3.00 for my XING shares.

      At this point I am just hoping though that the PPS can make it back to $1 so I can at least save face and make a few cents.

      Will hang on for a while but no big move in PPS coming till Wu decides the time is right and that move just as likely to be down as up IMO.

      • 1 Reply to tompower53
      • I can't say I know how Wu thinks. He did make an offer before. He will clean up his company(s) and his image if he accepts a reasonable offer from the minority shareholders. Shah Capital is letting on that it wants a say for the minority in some of Wu's transactions. Like the marble mine deal. SC would like to continue this with XING even after a buyout deal goes through.

        I think there is a threat of a lawsuit by SC and the minority (us). They would sue for all of the prior transactions as well. They would want control of the decision making process or at least a say in it. Even a 1.5 share plus 50c would be ok with me but we have room for negotiation. Better than 50c a share for both companies.


Trending Tickers

Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.
Citigroup Inc.
NYSETue, Apr 15, 2014 4:00 PM EDT
Herbalife Ltd.
NYSETue, Apr 15, 2014 4:01 PM EDT
Conns Inc.
NasdaqGSTue, Apr 15, 2014 4:00 PM EDT