Sat, Jul 12, 2014, 3:03 AM EDT - U.S. Markets closed


% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

VMware, Inc. Message Board

  • getme_sure getme_sure Apr 22, 2008 5:57 PM Flag

    May 70 calls worth tomorrow ?

    I bought at 1.95.

    Do you think they will open atleast at 1.75 or will they be worthless since volatility will come down?


    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • This how I approach option trading. I would only buy option for some upcoming news like earnings or news that will effect the stock either way (for example, pending drug approval or study). I usually play both fences in looking for the big swing either way. I did play goog but not uaua ( damn it!). I will either sell day or two after at a point I believe the option will plateau. Usually with 15% or greater you will get on average 3 time return you if you buy the option one day or less before the event. My stategy does not work all the time. You need 15% pop either way to make good money.

      Basic stategy on options
      1) Alway sell your option after some pop in the stock. That is when you get the most gain (the premium).
      2) Never use option for substitute to owning stock. Option deteriorates over time just like radioactivity
      3) Alway sell before or once you hit the strike price. Again once option pass your strike price, premium deteriorates over time.

      As for APPL and AMZN tommorrow, I see more potential for APPL to pop up than going down (I did buy some calls for AAPL as more gambling than any type of strategy). I do not see AMZN doing a big swing. Again, this is my opinion.


      This my advise and how I play options.


    • dangerous but true.

      I will barely hold those for 24 hours.

    • we'll show these DUDES tomorrow who is right. I will not sell until 72 or 3 pm. WHichever is first.

      I own vmweo at .88.

      • 1 Reply to tradestudent07
      • I own May 65 and May 70 calls. If VMW opens above 73 then kiss all the resistance below goodbye as it will turn to support; then look for an easy run to low 80's. As to locking in profits - I cannot disclose my strategy, but I can tell you that I did sell Goog at the open (except I owned the April calls on goog and had no option to hold since I bought it 1 day before option expiration - same day Goog was scheduled to report after market close - talk about a day-trader's dream come true) - Made a killing and I am trading VMW wtih profits from Goog.

    • And we may or may not touch it.

      $72 is a dream for this overvalued stock.

    • WHAT!? They will be worth more my friend. Not to worry.

      When this Stock opens up in the open market tomorrow at any price near here, mister man, you had better duct tape your hands to the desk unitl at least, AT LEAST, 3 PM tomorrow before you even think about selling.

      Open up the chart on decent free chart program, like big charts. Draw in a mark for tomorrow at 66. We are going to open there! That means that ALL, every damned one of the bears that's shorted VMW since 1/29/08 is absolutely fucked up. That means they are in FEAR, NOT YOU. (you own calls on a breakout of an 'island reversal' - congrats dude!) Many of them will cover and drive the price up. Trust me, I bought the 75's and I intend to do well. GL bud, good job.

94.16-1.29(-1.35%)Jul 11 4:02 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.