Per VMW's own words, their business won't pick up until the second half of the year. I think it stalls for 6 months and then - hopefully - we see an upturn. Why would anyone buy now without near term catalysts. If I were taking on a new position, I would wait until May/Jun pre July earnings and a possible guidance upgrade. Why buy now, too, when the Dow is at the top? You have downside risk in the overall market. Believe me, I would like to see some movement, but I think we're stuck in the 70s, maybe low 80s till the spring. Even the potential of big earnings by other cloud companies --- which WOULD have normally boosted VMW's share price - won't help. The CEO made their bed with his gloomy guidance. Hold and Hope. Not a great feeling.
Check out NAVB. Dianostic imaging agent company. JMP and another institutional investor just invested at 3.10. Many analysts predict 5 to $9. FDA approval any day now on or before April 30. Research NAVB, lots of catalysts for company in near future.