You alone possess the wisdom and knowledge. A great many of us are looking to you. You cannot be silent about what is going on. Bring reassurance to Antares shareholders.
Please do your own research and do not follow his lead. Just take a look about his comments on the stock a few days ago and compare them to his decision in AH. He claims on a separate thread that he liquidated his entire position in the aftermarket. First, I am skeptical that he unloaded 82K shares AH. Second, what does that tell you about his long-term convictions about the company? He kept pounding the table that it is an investment and not a trade.
I feel bad if you followed him (or follow anyone) blindly. He is only one person who writes a column on Seekingalpha. He has not credentials and no industry experience. Biotech is a dangerous area and you can lose your shirt on a single trade. Be careful with this guy or anyone on the seekingalpha board.
I was listening to his show when it hit. Summary: first, surprise. then scrambled to find out what news hit. then curse. then said if dilution is too many shares ( 10 mil.?), that would be too much, but if less, then he'd support it. then got #$%$ for bad news AH when good news was in AM (= a kind of pump and dump that is not kosher and would not expect from this mgt.). then "lightened his holdings some" (I think about 12K shares out of 86K; not sure). then made some calls to find out details. then after more talk about how #$%$ it is to do good news then bad news in AH, logged off, no doubt to try to find out details.
fwiw, i sold 5K of 21K shares and plan to re-buy if it dips big tomorrow.
I generally believe that despite the crappiness of the timing, in the long run this works into the big biz plan--it's not a desperate "we're broke" move.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
hope you weren't counting me as one of that pair, pompadoor. i'm actually breaking from delweine on this one. i think his thesis on a buyout/tax liability, while possible, involves too much speculation. And even if it turns out to be the case, we're still talking a share-price-popping buyout. ANd as others have pointed out, if you are truly long (as I am) and see no change in the pipeline and fundamentals why care about a short-term plunge. I sold 5K at $4 today in hopes of buying back if it does plunge. If it doesn't, not a problem. I still have 16K shares. I'm not worried.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Ryman, I am imploring Mr. Matusow to address ATRS holders. Scott normally has a very reasonable perspective. This is the time for Mr. Matusow to speak. He must.
I am watching. ATRS could fall hard on this news. Mr. Matusow MUST speak. He must show up on the YB and other boards including YouTube. He MUST.