Always thought that.
NEPT (another Biostock) was halted months ago, because one of their facilities blew up.
Deads, injuried persons, 100% damage to the facility.
I didn' hold the stock, but I followed the whole thing because I was willing to buy.
It was halted for weeks. When it resumed trading, the stock lost an acceptable 30%.
I'm not sure why you say MM's are taking it down? I'd guess it's down because no institution is going to wait for a buy out. Once future revenues dry up, Fidelity and other large institutions leave and the price drops to $1. There's spikes when there's buy out rumors. I think it might be bought out, but I have yet to put my money into it. I've got a handful of calls (9) but I'm not going to pick up more until late next week when it's down around $1 even. The more time goes by before they announce what they do, the more it will jump and fall, jump and fall, and most likely people will exit slowly as it does nothing.
I guess I'm just making the point that there's no reason to halt trading for a week while they work on the next step. The stock trades on speculation- so be it.