Tue, Oct 21, 2014, 1:55 AM EDT - U.S. Markets open in 7 hrs 35 mins


% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Affymax, Inc. (AFFY) Message Board

  • foggiafc foggiafc May 7, 2013 10:57 PM Flag

    Raja. I know you are under the weather today but...

    do you have any ideas for this huge jump?.

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • Like i have stated before, i can't predict the future and I don't care to BS; the only possible reason that i can think of is the upcoming earnings statement that is due May 8 after hours. The company has remained silent on the investigation and that is no surprise considering they are no longer in charge of the investigation.

      If you take into account the short position, as reported by the WSJ as of 04/15/2013, approx 43% (15.83 million shares) with a total of 37.49 million shares outstanding, this could have been shorts covering before the earnings announcement. If no news comes out this is going to be another pop and fizzle like the stock has done in recent months. The trading volume today was over 21 million, which could mean that shorts started covering, then some retailers joined the party along with day traders.

      I still remain optimistic on the value of OMONTYS and believe in the return to market. The scary thing to me is that goldpumper has now switched sides, grey and godwin have disappeared and jenn seems to have turned to the oldest profession in the world after shorting below a dollar (the last one is my assumption ;) but definitely a real possibility). Anyways, i am still not impressed and waiting for REAL news to come out before i start making plans with my returns. I do have a trip planned to Spain and some other parts of Europe by the end of the year to visit family and it would be nice to keep from spending any cash from my savings.

      P.S. I am not a stock adviser nor a stock expert. I have based my investment on pure medical knowledge/speculation and comparing the statistics to other FDA approved drugs on the market. If you cannot afford to risk your entire investment, pull your money out because this is still high risk from here. All of the above is pure speculation on my part and this could be a head fake for all I know. I have not added or sold any of my position and will continue to hold until news comes out from TAKEDA. GL to all Longs!

      Sentiment: Hold

      • 1 Reply to a_rajalonghorn
      • Thanks for the input. I will hold as well. Lost enough. Might as well stay. On a side note, are you going to London. I,m from London and do have plans to move back to Europe in a couple of years, though I am thinking of buying a villa on the coast in Spain, where the cats and I can retire in peace. Family keeps saying come back and we will buy you the villa and I would never have to work again. Very tempting.

0.135+0.005(+3.85%)Oct 20 2:47 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.