My advice has always been do not buy and hold AFFY as an "investment." If you can play the price swings, then go ahead and take your profit when able. Do not hold AFFY overnight, and there is even some risk of holding a position while day trading. That being said, keep these things in mind about AFFY:
1. AFFY has been all pump and dump since the O recall.
2. Retail cannot short AFFY stock, retail can only buy low and sell high.
3. Fundamentally, AFFY should go bankrupt. The bankruptcy warning is all throughout AFFY's sec required disclosures. It can happen at anytime, but IMHO AFFY might be able to survive without filing until October 2013. Do not believe paid pumpers and others that "bankruptcy is off the table" or "out of the question." It isn't. The Brenner Group's primary specialty is leading technology firms through the Chapter 11 bankruptcy process.
4. O is just not good medicine. No unmet medical need. O has a damaged reputation for patient safety. Emerald studies proved O was unsafe for the healthier CKD patients not on dialysis. Ask yourself, why did Takeda decide back in August 2012 (way before O's recall in the USA) not to file an application to market O in Japan?
5. Canceling contracts for the manufacture of O is not good news. It is a sign that O is not expected to return to market anytime soon. AFFY itself disclosed that the FDA O investigation may be lengthy.
6. AFFY's termination of all officers and employees, the sale of all tangible personal property and the complete shutdown of operations is not good news. They are all signs that AFFY is horribly, financially distressed.
7. The pending and anticipated litigation against AFFY is substantial and the litigation expenses, damages liability, and officer indemnification, does not bode well for AFFY's future viability.
8. There are no buyouts of AFFY. It is all made up nonsense as part of the prior pumps and dumps.
if your so sure of their demise, why do you spend countless hours on this message board trying to dissuade people from buying....just short the damn thing and go away. quit trying to "help" people with phoney advise
From your previous posts....My conclusion was that..
You write well.., for a paid Basher ...BUT you have a very poor sense of rationalizng... past..., ongoing..., and future events......
Your post today...., trying to convince people of a) not to buy...b) if you buy dont hold...and...c) try to trade only summs it up....
Sentiment: Strong Buy