Thu, Sep 18, 2014, 2:03 PM EDT - U.S. Markets close in 1 hr 57 mins


% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Affymax, Inc. (AFFY) Message Board

  • jagan1961 jagan1961 Jul 1, 2013 1:29 PM Flag

    With ONYX news and Hot BIO tech, it could be any time!

    I doubt Takeda will be waiting forever to make a move on AFFY to buyout. They knew the potential and the drug. It could be any time and one needs to hold the shares when the news hits the stand.

    It is not IF, just WHEN? I think this is the time.


    Sentiment: Strong Buy

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • Jagan: I have a descent sized position, but Im wondering why Takeda is pressed to buy Affy out now, when they can force the price down even more. In a sence they have already completely taken over O, and unless Amgen wants to run the bid up, why should Takeda pay anything, and why now or in 4 to 6 weeks per Maxs hypothesis? The only evidence that puts a timeline for me is the large july/oct $2 options bought prior to delisting. Trust me I want nothing more the a quick positive ending to this, but I dont see the urgency.

0.16-0.01(-5.88%)1:32 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.