Let me solve GWP, TGC, and other shorts problems in understanding the longs
Any long that doesn't get this, please post a reply and I know four people who would be happy to sort this out for you.
- AFFY voluntarily took drug off market to investigate deaths
- AFFY got under a dollar, which is about as expensive as a lot of options out there, so many longs bought shares since the drug has a decent chance of coming back on the market, maybe SubQ only, maybe after ID'ing a predilection to allergic reaction from the DNA tests, or maybe as is if human error is in play.
- Shorts have been covering for months. Check the short interest slowly going down. So, it's not a 'pump and dump' like GWP states, it's actually his own Peeps buying the stock at higher and higher prices.
- Finally, this is a binary event stock. You will either lose all or most of your money OR you will be rewarded with 2x, 3x, 4x, and as some have indicated over the long haul 10x your money.
In summary, even a small $1,000 bet has the odds in your favor to win big. If you were at the horse track, you'd be betting on a longshot that happens to run much better in the rain than the strong horse in the race. The supposed long shot also happens to be in it's prime, where the competition has a few years more. yada yada blah blah
In other words, the 'long shot' risk is mitigated quite a bit.
What would you do in that situation? I'd put money I can afford to lose on the supposed long shot and probably laugh all the way to the ticket booth to collect my winnings, while the predicted winner came in 3rd and only those who bet him to place are collecting a few a nickels.
Now, do you shorts get it? The new longs can't be scared out of the stock. We know it's a bet. We don't care if by some chance we lose. All the bashing in the world doesn't change the fact that this is a 100% binary event stock. We don't even care if you start shorting again (instead of the obvious covering you have been doing). I'll buy more at cheaper prices too!
- AFFY voluntarily took drug off market, fired everyone, sold off everything at humiliating auction, turned over custody to Brenner Group to investigate deaths.
See, the FDA was not about to force AFFY to withdraw O. No, AFFY could have continued to make a lot of money selling O and continuing their thriving business. But it was all voluntary by AFFY. FDA was not about to take any action. It was such a grand gesture by AFFY to do all they did on a voluntary basis.
Oops-----sarcasm again. Not sanctioned, but you know that.
By the way, got approval from the client to reimburse for some inpatient psych treatment for you. Just to smooth out the ups and downs. In and out in short order. Thank you very much.