Smartphone users do their homework often in advance of local store visits:
• Overall, 67 percent of smartphone shoppers researched store-based needs more over the past year and one-in-three researched significantly more.
• One-in-two shoppers research at least 50 percent of the time via smartphone when intending to make a local purchase.
• 60 percent of shoppers often think of using their smartphones when researching local purchases.
• 72 percent research online a lot, but often follow-up with a store visit.
• 67 percent check to see if the store has inventory in a particular product of interest before shopping trips.
• 59 percent often buy online and pick up in store to avoid online shipping charges.