>>Unfortunate as it may sound, this is Europe, not Africa: if dominoes fall, close allies would suffer.<<
Grow up. Domino theory was trotted out in 1965 - it was wrong then, and it's wrong now. Serbian civil wars are not our concern.
(1) Kosovo is sovereign Serbian territory. It is unlawful under international law and the UN charter for the US (and other NATO members) to attack a sovereign nation except in defense of another country that has been invaded or attacked. But hey, what are a few minor details to this president who has lots of experience breaking the law.
(2) The majority of Albanians moved into Kosovo after it was Serbian territory (with a Serbian majority - or at least 50/50), now the KLA is engaged in terrorism to break off as an independent nation. This would be akin to Mexicans assassinating CHP officers in order to "liberate" extreme Southern California where legal and illegal Mexican immigrants comprise a majority population. Shed no tears for the Albanians, they are the squatters on Serbian sovereign land. If they are forced to leave, well they should have thought of that before they crossed the Albanian border into Serbia.
(3) The Albanians (Kosovars) have blood on their hands just like the Serbs. The Kosovars depopulated Serbians from Kosovo in the past, and have engaged in a systematic terror campaign via the KLA.
(4) Where were you and Klinton when the Croatians sent an army into Bosnia-Herzegovinia last year (or the year before) and forcibly deported over 150,000 Serbs? Answer, Merrika tacitly encouraged the Croats to do that! Did that cause WWIII? Why was that less of a "strategic interest" for the US and NATO?
(5) These ethnic disputes, terrorism, and killings have been going on from ALL SIDES for at least 600 years. Nothing we can do will stop them.
(6) NATO/Klinton is LOSING this affair bigtime. Bombing has accomplished NOTHING except to speedup the tempo of the forced emigration of Kosovars under the guns of the Serbs. Klinton has miscalculated badly and now NATO risks dissolution and America looks incompetent.
(7) Read Charles Krauthammer's piece in today's Washington Post.
(8) If it's such a big deal to you, then YOU go and get your hands bloody in that mess.
We are accomplishing NOTHING except breaking international law, wasting military assets, expediting the exodus of Albanians, and killing Serbians - mostly civilians.