I've followed Gol since its IPO a few years ago and consider this the best time to purchase these shares. The investment community is dumping airline shares due to high oil prices however GOL has the following characteristics that will send its shares to 20+ within a month or so.
- TAM is trading over 20 with both airlines normally trading near the same level.
- Petrobras provides the fuel for GOL & TAM so no camel jockeys involved in manipulating their fuel prices.
- Brazilian market is flying off the charts while GOL is down over the past year.
- Earnings report showed continued growth in passenger volume as estimated by company. Everything is on track.
- Family that started GOL owns majority of shares and has hinted at privatization if market does not realize its value. Buyout value - 20+
- Cramer pumped this stock up to 40+ on Varig acquisition which sent value way over the top given integration issues. Now you have the shares 70% cheaper with international growth component from Varig set to expand profits exponentially going forward.
It wasn't. It was a TAM Airlines Airbus A320. Flight JJ3054 was arriving at Sao Paulo's Congonhas Airport from Porto Alegre in southern Brazil, the airline said. TAM Airlines said that of the 186 people on board, 18 were TAM employees, six were crew members and 162 were passengers.