In a company wide message sent out by Jim Tetreault, Vice President, North America Manufacturing,
"...While Manufacturing quality improved by 29 percent and now accounts for only 8 percent of total TGWs..."
What that means is that of the TGW's (Things Gone Wrong) in 2012 which are rated per 100 vehicles and per 1,000 vehicles when accessing quality, only 8% of the problems are due to manufacturing, or the assembling of the engines, transmissions, and vehicles. That means the other 92% of warranty problems is due to Engineering, Vendor Quality, or other issues NOT related to UAW/CAW vehicle assembly.
Of course we are working to reduce that too, as is evidenced by the 29% reduction in Manfucaturing Quality for 2012. I just thought I would post this since I feel this percentage (8%) is FAR below what many on this board believe to be the reality.
Remember you are the ones that elected the idiotic congressmen that have passed all of the idiotic rules, regulations, laws and taxes that have allowed our jobs,, our money, etc to go overseas and then ship the finished products back. It destroying our way of life.