How about a mini-poll, just to while away the hours, during the inevitable impatient waiting for go-dough interval?
We all just *LOVE* multiple choice questions, don't we?
How do you assess the degree of caution currently being applied behind the scenes by RAS management, vis-a-vis the announcement of the date and amount for the next quarterly common stock dividend?
(A) RAS is not being careful enough.
(B) RAS is being exactly the pluperfectly correct amount of careful.
(c) RAS is being slightly too careful.
(D) RAS is being substantially more careful than they need to be.
(E) RAS is going completely overboard, applying an inordinate degree of caution not even remotely justified under the current circumstances.
(F) RAS management must be gone-around-the-bend-and-out-of-sight paranoid jumping-at-shadows crazy to wait this long and scratch their heads-and-or-other-extremities over this no-brainer call.
(G) None of the above
(H) special category for write-in responses.
If you can't find any answer you like in A throught H, your reply may not be counted in the final analysis.
And as for me, give me liberty or give me (c)
Since there has been more discussion lately about the "delayed" dividend announcements, with RAS management waiting until after the end of the quarter to fully evaluate results before going public, I thought this was worth bringing back.
I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me all the RAS below $6.00 per share you've got.
He who laughs last, laughs best.
My answer is "B". One can not be tooo careful these days. Why not wait until every receivable that's due is received. Call the late payers to find out if and when payment is coming. If I remember correctly, RAS didn't know that AHM's last payment wasn't coming until the last day of the month. We all know what happened then!
In this environment, every move is being placed under a microscope, why leave anything to chance. We are not going to actually receive the dividend any sooner, whether they announced last week, today, or a week from now. The divie payment going to be stretched out, as were the last two, for cash flow purposes.
If RAS were to announce and later, when the actual hard numbers do come out, they reveal a penny or two less earnings, "HELLO FIVE-TOWN".
I think RJ posted somewhat to the effect, RAS's historical dates may need to be changed to reflect the new economy/market we are in.
I vote for waiting and getting it right the first time. Then maybe we will see "NINE-TOWN" again!
i vote (A) and (H):
NOt carfule enough because if they were really careful they would have announced .46 on time and not allowed all this nervous depression that is hurting the price
they had better come out in the first week of july with 46 or the price is really gonna get hammered
holiday weekend ends on 7th so anytime before july 8 we might be ok, after that katy bar the door