Eric Schmidt is a failed executive from Sun and Novell and he has the distinction of being a failure the third time at Google. His mismanagement includes:
1. Undisciplined spending with no offsetting revenue plans.
2. Poor product management: stale sub-grade products, many in still Beta versions, no new breakthrough products in recent months in spite of enormous human resources assembles that's costing GOOG a fortune.
3. Poor communications skills - his best suit is being silence. He has zero ability to make a coherent strategic statement and inspire employees and investors.
4. Total lack of management and control - Paid a fortune for YouTube a long time ago and still desn't know how to monetize it. This just illustrates his poor execution.
5. Has no vision beyond search - going in thousand different directions but achieving nothing of significance. Entered enterprise market but Gates calls Google's performance todate as laughable. He just lacks the fire to go after something and succeeds in a big way (search success is primarily due to the technology developed by Brin/ Page).
6. Have to say one good thing about Schmidt - he is pretty good in dumping his GOOG shares as if he has no faith in the company. Insiders are still dumping even though the stock is down by more than 300 points.
I hope he makes a statement of sort on the company's prospects as soon as GOOG stocks falls below 400.