Bought Google at $120 just shortly after their IPO years ago. I need some serious guidance on wether or not to sell my 1,000 shares. Your thoughts appreciated. Sentiment- Conflicted
Honestly I think the only good advice on here was given by greymattermatters.
The other thing you can do is sell it all. Right now. You've made 7.5x your initial investment in 9 years. What will happen in the next 9 years if you hold?
I highly doubt you will see 750% gains here. So my advice is this. Sell now, and go diversify. Go and find stocks you think might be 750% winners. Check out ONVO, TSLA, etc....
well, i would sell 500. Wait for at least 835 an buy back if the chart looks good.
yesterday was high volume, this could be the top, but this could also be the beginning of a further rise.
All news out yesterday, so there might be some profittaking. And the market looks a bit tanky.
I think crsaun has it right. Sell 150 so you cover your initial investment + some profit and ride the rest higher. I think it can go higher and if it falls, I can't imagine Google would fall as quickly as Apple did. Place a sell order to cover yourself in case of emergency. You didn't hold it all this time for nothing.... go for the throat!
The other ideas work too. When you buy at $120 and it's $915 now, you can't lose even if it fell to $100 from today's high.
Write 10 calls against your position $950 strike for June. Do it tomorrow. If the stock retraces at expiry you keep the premium and the stock, if it doesn't and goes over $950 at expiry you get $950/share plus the premium. Keep doing this every month till you lose the stock. Anyway that's what I would do. You are sitting on gold. If you get second thoughts you can always just buy it back.