Sat, Dec 27, 2014, 12:41 AM EST - U.S. Markets closed


% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

MELA Sciences, Inc. Message Board

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the posts
  • adeiflig adeiflig Mar 25, 2009 8:07 PM Flag

    Buy on August 15th, Dead Money Now...

    These biotech companies all act in the same manner. This is nothing personal, just what I have noticed about most of them.

    Yes, MELA has a great product, but it is still 6 months away from any approval and 9 months from any possible revenue.

    People don't invest anymore for long term.

    To move the stock you need a catalyst. Unfortunately there will be none until August 15th. So, with no catalyst and plenty of sellers, expect a steady drop to the $ 1.30/share area.

    Yes, you can load up, but why do it now when you can buy 4 times the quantity in a few months.

    Your best bet is to buy 30 to 45 days before FDA is to vote on the device.

    Let is soar and then you sell after 3 days.

    So, buy at $ 1.30/share, sell at $ 13/share and make a nice 1000% return in 45 days.

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • That is fair scenario assuming the stock goes to 1.30/share. That is the million dollar question. Of course, if I knew that, I would do as you suggest. My compromise is to average down and protect against a higher bottom and subsequent surge upwards on unprecedented news, announced partnerships etc... Also, you never know what degree of pps value is already factored in. IMHO

      • 1 Reply to kgrichard5
      • To each his own! Thatz the idiosyncrasies of investors / traders.

        If it is US$1.30, I will buy with open arms. Imho, I do not think so and moreover after a good phase III trial result.

        Yes, there is no good news now. I wanted to wait till the submission of the PMA to estimate the release of the FDA result. But, such a low price is hard to come by. So, I intiated a long position when I realised it is also oversold technically. So, I will wait like the rest of the 'bulls'. Hope for the best!

    • Today is a good example as to why you don't wait until the stock plummets to 1.30/share. I bought 650 shares yesterday at (3.65/share). I can sell those(repurchase at a lower price or part of) or hold, I have those options. If I would not have been averaging down on what I think is a sure long term win, I would NOT HAVE ANY options. That being said, I realize there is still a chance it could go lower - that chance I am betting against. JMHO

      • 1 Reply to kgrichard5
      • Greetings all. I just got in last week @4.65 and was thrilled to see it go to 3.65. Just the same MELA seems to have a terrific product that can both eliminate a lot of needless biopsies and save a lot of lives picking up cancers missed by a visual exam. Where does this guy get his $1.30 price from? Isn't the historic low over two bucks? From what I can see in a short time, you should accumulate for anything less than $4.

1.29+0.04(+3.20%)Dec 26 3:51 PMEST

Trending Tickers

Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.
Virgin America Inc.
NASDAQFri, Dec 26, 2014 4:00 PM EST
Rice Energy Inc.
NYSEFri, Dec 26, 2014 4:02 PM EST
Ocwen Financial Corp.
NYSEFri, Dec 26, 2014 4:03 PM EST