% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

MELA Sciences, Inc. Message Board

  • doubledown1967 doubledown1967 Feb 13, 2013 12:39 PM Flag

    Is timing of stock offering a tell about Q4 results?

    I have been long in MELA for a while and have been thinking about doubling down at these lows but the timing of the stock offering is giving me pause. If you plan on reporting strong Q4 results and a strong outlook, why not wait until after March 5th and a potential stock run up on the news to sell new shares and have lower dilution? It seems as if MELA is trying to lock in more funding before they announce Q4 results in a couple of weeks, I wonder why? To me it is not a good sign, I will wait until after Q4 results are published before considering whether or not to by more shares. What are others thoughts on this timing?

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • Double, The fourth quarter was probably not great but the issue is what growth momentum does Mela have. We may get an answer to that question tomorrow when Gulfo makes a presentation to the Leerink Swann Global Health care conference. Dr. Gulfo could lift or really sink this stock with what he says tomorrow.

    • samhasson Feb 13, 2013 12:59 PM Flag

      Doubledown, before the issue of timing came up (and you make a good point), I wanted to buy more. As I told an associate yesterday, I am going to wait to see how the momentum stacks up. If its solid and on the uptick, then I'll buy. Of course, to the market, missing a particular "number" is going to slam the pps. I'll buy then. And if the market responds in such a manner that I buy it for 20-25 cents more per share, I really don't care. The important indicator is the strength of the momentum and its direction. The only way I don't buy is if the momentum is weak. As i've stated elsewhere, the number without a context is meaningless. Sam

      Sentiment: Hold

1.180.00(0.00%)Dec 1 4:00 PMEST