If one is on the wrong side of the HFT you will be in trouble.
If you are a day trading and take chances of buying over say 61 today. They often then jump in and short the whatever out of the stock and take your stops out. If you are an investor in WAG you need not worry over the long term. Since WAG bought the first 45% the stock has been in a position to go considerably higher. Now that they have the other 55% they will be in a position to do even better. Be patient! They may take it down more yet. They will eventually move on to another stock.