Tue, Sep 16, 2014, 10:56 PM EDT - U.S. Markets closed

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Forest Laboratories Inc. Message Board

  • tangents3 tangents3 Feb 4, 2011 4:34 PM Flag

    Forest/CLDA

    Objectively: Forest has the money and needs to buy CLDA, as we stand to lose 60% of our revenue very soon. If the company depends on it and we can afford it, we have to buy, right? If I were a Forest exec and this opportunity came along right now I feel like it'd be a godsend.

    Kirk just sent a message to Forest and the other big pharmas today that he is willing to do a secondary if necessary (look at ZIOP) and capture value on his own. Since Clinical Data's earnings announcement is Monday he probably issued a "Look, if you want it, you gotta tell me before Monday. If not, we're gonna get started on our own commercialization path" ultimatum and we'll have just the weekend to decide if it isn't decided already.

    But I think it'd be slightly idiotic to not pick up CLDA at $1.5-2 billion if you're Forest and you still have $1-1.5 billion of cash in reserves after it's all said and done.

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
 

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.