Caution Ahead - Wait till under $4 to consider getting in.
As so many have commented in these posts, this stock has baggage, yet many still aren't considering it, and are jumping in blindly ...(guess somebody has to lose for another stock-price-puffer-upper to make his money). Caution Ahead: Do your homework -- You Can't Judge A Book By It's Cover! At current risk levels, this stock at just under $4 per share offers better argument to own. Soon the truth will catch up with the price, and only one of them will fall.
Considering the one lawsuit which is in progress, the actual cost to HGT distributions if the decision went entirely against it (which is unlikely) is less than $1. The units were trading in the mid teens before that suit became known to most investors. So the price has already discounted 7 or 8 to 1 in terms of actual impact and you expect a further 50% drop? And at a time when NG prices look to be recovering which will boost distributions a few months down the line?
I was in this at $14 and I was buying all the way to $11.50 because I figured it was just $1 or so too. Then I got out at $10 because I read it wasn't just 1 lawsuit. Iirc, there were 3 lawsuits and the first one that was getting settled could set precedent for the other 2 that were bigger. And it wasnt just the back payments but future payments (how things are charged) that would get affected. I haven't read up on it in the past six months so the situation may have changed but I wouldn't touch this thing with a 10 foot poll until all lawsuits are gone. I figure there are safer trusts with more upside out there.