Thu, Jul 31, 2014, 12:42 PM EDT - U.S. Markets close in 3 hrs 18 mins


% | $
Click the to save as a favorite.

OCZ Technology Group Inc Message Board

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the posts
  • nytessr nytessr Jul 29, 2012 1:26 PM Flag


    people have convinced themselves that OCZ has been bought out.

    I am hopeful, but I think and equity stake with further dilution makes more sense - but I've been wrong so many times before with this stock...

    1) company has been acting strange (or not as they had been for the prior two years) since just after their secondary.
    2) all company/corporate share sales have stopped since 04/12 (previous to that every month shares were being sold)
    3) zero PRs from the company, prior to April the company was announcing wins almost weekly
    4) the leak - certainly there is a register connection (fud/bsn/register) doesn't make it true, but certainly as 40+ million shares have traded since 07.19.12 without the floor falling out it was enough to get shorts to start covering.
    5) cancelled road show? (Arthurs' a pain in ryan's neck? or why couldn't Arthur run the show?)
    6) new job openings in the face of continued high levels of cash burn.

    we've had a ton of conspiracies before. Its hard to say if this is real.

    But I agree - the STX earnings call is the STX earnings call.

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • There sure are a lot of leaks .

      So what happened last THURDSAY ?
      $0CZ fell under $5 and was down .
      On Friday more upside . Huge .

      Does STX always leak out one billion dollar deals ? Or does OCZ ?
      I'm long but I don't see the shares going over $12 .
      So I'm in the minority . Folks are posting $15,$16,$17. STX does not need to offer that kind of premium my opinion .
      We shall see .
      Ps ...what happens if no deal on Monday ?
      What if its been delayed
      Are you going to sell ? Or hold .

      • 1 Reply to drivethelane2001
      • "Ps ...what happens if no deal on Monday ?
        What if its been delayed
        Are you going to sell ? Or hold"

        I've been thinking the same thing over and over. If the deal isn't mentioned at all, I will sell half of my positions afterhours for sure. This thing will go down FAST. Longs will be selling as well as shorts coming in BIG. I'm only selling half because there still could be news that week and i will regret it if I miss it. Now my real question is, how far will the price go down? Lets just hope theres news shall we? :)

0.05-0.01(-15.25%)Dec 26 4:00 PMEST

Trending Tickers

Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.