Wed, Aug 20, 2014, 9:16 PM EDT - U.S. Markets closed

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Philip Morris International, Inc. Message Board

  • axpkocop axpkocop Jun 13, 2013 12:24 PM Flag

    IRA #2-- LO dividends and option income

    LO currently has a 5% dividend yield based on today's price of 43.6/share. It is the second largest position in IRA #2 making up 9% of its assets behind only Berkshire at 18%. Currently I'm also short September 47.5 and December 50 call options which in effect doubles the dividend yield but also limits my upside potential until the options expire.

    Based on my cost in the stock the current dividend yield is 5.7% but over the years I've traded the stock a few times which has raised my cost bases.

    Earning 5% in dividends and another 5% in option income tends to add up but when you also see your stock appreciate 10% plus per year due to outstanding fundamentals then I guess it is true-you really can have your cake and eat it too.

 
PM
85.09-0.29(-0.34%)Aug 20 4:01 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.