PCIe gen2/gen3 design IP including that for switches is available from
Synopsis, and Snowbush. While these dont match up to some of the
plxt switches, they cater to the sweet spot of the pcie market, and prove that
the technology is standardized and available off the shelf.
Looking at barriers to entry:
0) Technology IP : No see above (not qualcom)
1) Brand Name: No (not nike/chanel)
2) Network Effects: No (not Intel/Facebook or old-ATT)
3) Control Distribution: No
4) Regulated: No (not moodys or a utility)
5) Low cost provider: No (not walmart)
There are no barriers to entry.
PLXT is a first mover in a niche
market with no barriers to entry whose structure with few big buyers
prevents the formation of monopolies.
1) PLXT/IDTI are smart enough to see it the same way
2) That they can communicate it adequately to the FTC
3) That the staffers at the FTC are smart enough to see that a high combined market share is NOT enough reason to oppose a merger
Judging from the spread the deal is toast. However, no official news has been released. Smelly!
Does anyone know how we can access after hours volume on a Stock?
PLXT was up +15% last night after hours and now shows -0.5% on only 10k shares.
Just want to investigate the way this is being kept low.