Newbie to the board. Have a small holding in Virexx via Altarex from some time back and trying to figure out what I own and why I own it. Given the recent run up in VIR.TO I have landed here and was wondering what probability you attached to a UTHR buyout of VIR.TO? Was considering selling it but now starting to think that there is something behind this move and reconsidering, or at least holding off until I understand the recent appreciation in VIR.TO.
[something in ovarian cancer?]
My guess is not at this time unless something provocative develops. Assuming a medium degree of attractiveness such an opportunity would be by-passed or pushed forward if cardiac - pulmonary acquisition is developed. Obviously, it depends on what, but given what there is in Ovarian and given the company's current positioning in it, probably the former will be emphasized.
This has in it the need to address burgeoning competition from Ventavis. For that matter is CTRX a target? At say, net $130M, it's just a little too much assuming a maximum capital commitment of $100M without squeezing operations. Could CTRX be integrated or merged? Hard to see. Therefore, a more comfortable $50M acquisition makes more sense with some private company.
Adding to my previous comments about the shelf offering, its contribution to working capital will be contingent upon finding a specific application, in particular, application to the purchase of firms in pulmonary hypertension or other cardio pulmonary activities rather than to product marketing and launch. So the shelf will not be much used unless a viable acquisition becomes available. I sense an acquisition is being developed and will be announced in 4 months.
Thankyou for the info.It makes sense to raise capital when their share price is strong.They did this back in 2000 when their shares were trading around $110.Being a shareholder,I'm just concerned about the dilution of everyones shares mostly my own, but the extra cash now may be very beneficial moving forward.
[Anyone know whats going on?]
They're preparing to ramp production and that takes working capital. They don't know exactly what those needs will be. They only know they could overrun current resources, so they want a flexible way to fund such potential enterprise.
long have been told that their stock is going to be worth 20-25% less very soon. the dilution while not hurting the big boys as they will buy the stock cheaper as they sell now and buy the offering. the little guy is going to be stuck untill the company does some sort of a pump.
this is my understanding when you self 5 millin shares it becmes like a lock up, and no one wants to go in big long as those shares might get sold into the market atsome time in the future.
[long have been told that their stock is going to be worth 20-25% less very soon.]
It's reasonable to say it would be worth 20-25% less when it was rising 40 - 50%.
[the dilution while not hurting the big boys as they will buy the stock cheaper as they sell now and buy the offering.]
It's a shelf offering. In this circumstance it's bullish! Hope I don't sound too pollyannaish, but the reason why they want to offer stock from time to time is they've really got something and they need the extra cash to implement what they have at potentially large and lucrative scale. Apparently this will be made clear at ER which implies the company may have very strong earnings. No sane management would do a 5M shelf on a 5:1 dilution right before earnings unless they thought ER could support it.
Also at ER there's going to be announced a top management change. The development guys are reverting to advisory positions and new marketeering guys will be entering to shovel the remod out the door. This claim is based on the 8-Ks and seems consistent with a shelf assisted big effort to push drugs.