Thought after the little boost at end of last week atleast some interest would carry over... Once again I'm wrong, Volume is still pathetic under 200k shares... I still own 13k at 1.11 and 7k at .97... Its just frustrating to keep holding such a stagnent play. I know as soon as I sell some news will come out and it will gap up.
That's because the results were fairly "unremarkable." Pretty much exactly what was expected. The big issue is the hoped-for station sales, not whether revenue increased 3.5% instead of 7%.
That is an interesting little strategy you have there... I only have 30k to work with, which is why I look for smaller stocks, and then really only try to make 10% return at a time... I through 10k at PETS, Looking for that 10% which means I need it at around 14 which it will get to in next month... Then with dividend stocks like this one, instead of cashing everything out, I take about the principle and leave profit in, to make some residual income from the dividend... If I had your kind of money... I would be retired by now. Wallstreetsurvivor, check it out, name on there is Pellegrinoprofits. starting bankroll 100k, now at about 360k.. Thats in one and a half years.
Thanks, but it's not quite "distressed" enough. More importantly for me, it's too pricey. Every stock I own was bought below $1 (except for Entercom) so I can buy minimum lots of 10,000 shares, and preferably 100,000 shares. Fortunately, Emmis came through today to offset my sizable loss on Entercom's dismal earnings release.
Got one for you my man... PETS, at around 52 week low only cause earnings saw decrease b y 32%, most of this decrease was due to increased ads to grow and solitify market share and deter new entrants into the industry... THey are very solid company I got in at 12.74, anything under 13 is a bargain in my mind.
CYS violates my first rule of investing: Only buy stocks that are "on sale" (deeply discounted in comparison to their 3-year and 5-year high). Based on the buyout rumor, I guess I'll have to hold on a few more days or weeks before selling a significant portion of my Emmis holdings, since selling would virtually GUARANTEE a buyout deal going through. It's hard to believe that someone (including Smulyan) would not try to buy the company for a slightly higher price than last summer's $2.40. With the company's assets, there is absolutely no reason in the world that this stock should be stuck in this trading range. Barring that, a spin-off of the publishing division would seem to make perfect sense.
You are absolutely correct... I'm not sure of your financial situation but based on your position you have taken I'm going to assume its a little better then mine... With that kind of money in portfolio, why not go the dividend route... Take a look at CYS.