Sat, Aug 2, 2014, 12:56 AM EDT - U.S. Markets closed

Recent

% | $
Click the to save as a favorite.

Emmis Communications Corp. Message Board

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the posts
  • kola4me kola4me Mar 1, 2012 9:26 AM Flag

    Maybe This Is What We're Waiting On

    Emms has 7 calendar days to file an appeal after receipt of the delisting determination letter, which would have been sent after the 27th closed. They will be given a 15 day extension and a hearing date. At the hearing, as long as Emmis presents a reasonable plan to deal with the price issue, a 180 day extension can be granted.
    Sec allows 4 day gap between events pertinent to share holders and release of a public statement.

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • let it go so we can save accounting costs.

    • So were looking at a bare minimun of 195 days before delisting.

      Would someone please bid this up to $1.25 so I can sell and now worry about it !

      Or, maybe can tell me why we are trading DOWN ?


      A guy once told me CPWM was going belly up. Instead, its up 6-8 times and the alternative stock, HTCH is down big.

      ineedanewguru !

      • 2 Replies to smaycs4
      • who cares why? Just don't sell today if you don't want to.

      • Since when did short term moves in the prices of underfollowed value stocks indicate anything about their fundamental worth...and ultimate price trajectory?

        Did you dump all of your stocks at the March 2009 bottom? Of COURSE you didn't.

        You like to trust "price'" as an indicator of value, in the short run, when it provides you a convenient excuse to carp...which is kind of a chronic addiction of yours, it seems to me.

        if you absorb all of the publicly available information about this company, and do the work I have, you would not be fearful. With no guarantees...but at least with a high degree of certitude.

        You dwell on things I don't waste my time worrying about. The thing, perhaps, that is MOST important to me is that no one knows what these assets are worth more than the CEO. and he was willing to go through with a deal, 18 months ago, even though public market values of radio stocks had collapsed to a nadir, around the beginning of Sept 2010.

        Maybe I'm simple-minded and naive...but I personally like to focus on the things I think I can COUNT on. Especially if I think that the Street is pretty much ignoring those things.

    • ....what possible reasonable plan could there be other than a reverse split, especially considering EMMS's share price history over the past two years.

      • 1 Reply to fabulouspoodle
      • Reverse splits are never good for stock prices. Although i lost a lot money and sold out at .77 a week ago, I'm still interested in how this plays out. SIRI was once in danger of delisting but was granted a lifeline on the grounds that it was being so heavily traded and was near $1, despite passing the deadline. I sorry to say, can't see a rationale for EMMS, though. Pink sheets are more often than not a death sentence.

 
EMMS
2.53+0.03(+1.20%)Aug 1 4:00 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.
Berkshire Hathaway Inc.
NYSEFri, Aug 1, 2014 4:02 PM EDT
Tesla Motors, Inc.
NasdaqGSFri, Aug 1, 2014 4:00 PM EDT