Believe me, this is way out of my generation but it somewhat sums up MMR's situation (don't believe JB was happy on the on my knees part):
Always tease tease tease
You’re happy when I’m on my knees
One day is fine, next day is black
So if you want me off your back
Well come on and let me know
Should I stay or should I go?
I personally think the answer is to stay until the MMR royalty trust valuation is determined and that may be a while. I was swinging for the fences, hoping for much more of a home run, but if the DJs et al eventually come in, I think most longs will achieve a reasonably respectable return with the cash buyout and the trust price.
I enjoyed the ride and learned from the intelligent commentary of the professional posters on the board, which at one point constituted the majority of the posters.
Lufkin---regret I won't see you at the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl or whatever the hell bowl the Frogs are headed to-----believe I will pass this year. Even my hard core Frog son is staying in Dallas for this one.
have not seen/heard from Lufkinunit. Miss those posts from you "experienced/informed posters.
I too will hold onto MMR. Actually thinking about FCX--someone mentioned options and I am looking at these as well...as are all informed investors....4% yield ain't the same as MLP divies, but not bad either.
I am holding both my MMR shares and Call options. There were over 15million shares traded on Friday and a ton of Option action as well. This is very unusual for a stock that has a bid on it. To me this is the market saying both that it does not have an idea of how to value the Trust Units (ex. (30,000 of Dec $15 calls were bought for 60 cents) and/or this deal might not happen (ex. 20,000 Puts Jan $15 Puts bought for 37 cents). So in addition to continuing to hold my shares in MMR/FCX/PXP, I have bought Feb Calls in both PXP and FCX and also doing vertical Call spreads in all MMR & FCX. Buying Calls and selling higher strike Calls to help finance the trade.
I have no idea what is going on with DJ1 and its driving me crazy like everyone else. But Chevron is the operator of Lineham Creek and JB said on the Nov 27 call that he could not fully disclose what was found there, so we may hear something from them or EXXI who both have earnings next month.