So I have had the phone for almost 72 hours, my thoughts as follows....
- As I mentioned originally, the weight is a NON_FACTOR
- Screen is VERY SHARP
- WP8 Live Tile user interface is fresh and original, due like the constant real time updating
- People Hub consolidation of contacts, facebook, twitter, Linkedin is quite functional
- Customization of start screen is really cool
- ie10 is very quick browsing is a breeze
- Do like the speech recognition and siri like functionality
- Facebook app is not great. Cant see what other people have commented on/liked, cant like something without clicking the actual comment first #firstworldproblem i know
- Complexity of closing out tasks running in background. Not actually complex but you do have to be aware of it. My first day with the phone the batter drained RIDICULOUSLY fast. It took a bit of digging on my part to realize that by me hitting the home button, i was simply leaving the apps running in background and not closing them out. In addition in the settings, you can block apps from running in background. Once i fixed this batter life improved. Both Sat and Sun i got a full 9 hours of moderate use in between charges.
- Need more apps (DirecTV, Pandora, Yahoo Finance! etc) those are the three I particularly miss
- I have still not received my wireless charge plate (should be arriving today) and I have Nokia Purity earbuds coming tomorrow as well
So far after 3 days, I am satisfied with the phone. Once we get this app selection up, i will be extremely satisfied. Over the course of the weekend I think i saw 4 Windows 8 Commercials. The Will Arnett commercial is awful (I do like Will Arnett). The Other commercial with the other celebs holding the phone is MUCH BETTER.
Anyone else care to chime in?
Thanks for sharing your notes!
I also had the new 920 for the first weekend, ditto most of you said. Add to it, I was particularly happy with the image stabilizaiton and low light features. It helped me to take some good pictures despite my amature shaking hands. Also, the offline map feature was handy.
I havent had the opportunity to use the camera extensively yet. I did test out Nokia Drive, and downloading the maps for offline use is great. However did realize I am going to be suckered into buying a mounting dock.
So far so good folks. Lets get some MATURE apps please.
So far I am loving the Lumia. Some of the apps are not mature and are lacking features. For example, using the Yelp app you cannot check in.
How do you keep apps from running in the background? I can't figure it out.
you have to close out apps by pressing the back arrow button until you get back to the start screen.
You can check what you have open by pressing and "holding" the back arrow button. Click each task and press back arrow button until you get back to start screen to properly close out. Rinse and repeat.