So, it happened. Extremely disappointed with this stock, I thought we were in for a positive surprise on earnings based on what Elop had said a couple weeks back. 6,500 shares avg about 4.68, down gaps are my biggest fear and of course it happened. SO, have a margin call due by the 31st of Jan. I don't want to liquidate any of my position yet but I am now not sure on the movement of this stock, I am thinking we will be flat for a while. I had stop at 4.09, never hit. You guys think we go back to 4.80ish anytime soon? I hate to sell cheap, but margin calls scare me. Bad trade so far. Thanks in advance. Appreciate legitimate answers.
No need to refer to me as Sir
I can't spell...your right and yes I do have issues
I don't have a Margin Call (except in my id) nor am I asking for advice on a message board....guess you have scoreboard for now Spaz...I'll try harder
"Troll" there's a Freudian projection
I think we see weakness in NOKIA for a couple more weeks.
We could break 4 for a short while though I am very bullish NOKIA for the longer term.
I was cured of margin trading after 9/11. I was on margin after the twin tower attacks and I needed to come up with $70k. The market was closed for 3 days and when it reopened I almost lost everything.
I only buy on margin now if I want to buy a stock immediately and am waiting for the funds to be transferred in.
Unfortunately we only adjust our behavior after something like this happens.
Sounds familar to me. Although it hurts, I would take some loss. Simply, being bullish mid term. Short term the Big Sharsk might even try to break $4. Take some loss, with some reserve for some more drop. But also selling CALLs for March, i.e. $0.12@5 not too bad. In case of further drop, you might consider selling PUTs @4, i.e. Either to pocket the money, or buy back the shares cheaper.
Looks like the strategy of the Sharks works, unfortunately.
I received several margin calls from September to November 2012 and decided to satisfy the calls instead of selling positions. Thereafter, NOK went from below $3 to above $4 in short time. At this moment, with China and India it may be better to satisfy the calls until April 2013 and wait for the actual numbers of 1Q-2013.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
I don't think you'll see $3.80 unless there are leaks about new products at Barcelona - no other catalysts in sight. No new number will be released, so only anecdotes on sales, and those won't move the stock much - maybe up and down in a trading range, but I think the range will be under $3.80.
You took a chance and you lost. It happens. Take the hit and move on. Don't gamble with more that you can afford to lose. There is a difference between investing and gambling/trading.
I will assume most of your investing portfolio is in more stable, predictable, investments. Yes, I think Nokia will do very well in the next 12 months. Nokia could double. Or not. Put what you can afford into Nokia, then see what happens.
Sorry about your loss, but buying a high beta stock before earnings come out is a roll of the dice pure and simnple. Presumably you understood that before you borrowed and bought. As some people I use to work with use to day "Take two salt pills and DRIVE ON!!" Learn and grow.
What is the point of your reply. Does it make you feel better about yourself, I mean you are here on these boards just like everyone else, soooo.... PS you ever think that my trading account is for fun whereas my savings are for life... your brain probably cannot comprehend that. PS I am an attorney. Now go make your self feel better by not laughing at others' misfortunes you troll.
Ummmm, you forgot the plus or minus four percentage points. By my math they have provide guidance for a possible profit on device margins by plus two percent.
but really, who wants to read the whole sentence. Reading half is so much easier.