(($500 M line of credit is given to healthy companies. )))1. AMD is a more secure investment than a year ago.
A. $1.2 billion in cash.
B. $873 million in account receivables.
C. Secured line of credit of $500 million.
D. Q3 revenue grew over $300 million returning AMD to a profit.
E. Q4 Y over Y revenue is expected to grow $500 million +. Giving AMD another profit as compared to Q4 2012 loss of hundreds of millions.
F. ANALYSTS EXPECT AMD TO POST A PROFIT FOR ALL OF 2014.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Why you want to buy and Hold AMD right now!
AMD has so much upside going on for 2014 you would be a fool not to see it.
What AMD has going for it that it did not have a year ago!
1. Q3 revenue grew over $300 million returning AMD to a profit.
2. $1.2 billion in cash.
3. Secured line of credit of $500 million.
4. AMD has successfully reduced operating expenses
5. They are producing profits even when PC chip sales decline.
6. They are meeting a $400 million wafer supply agreement with Global Foundries.
7. AMD landed long term contracts with Sony, Microsoft & Nintendo .
8. Sony reported over 1 million units sold within the 1st 24 hours of release of their PS4 WAY more by now!
9. Microsoft reported over 1 million units sold of XBOX1 within the first 24 hours, and by now way more.
10. Both PS4 and XBOX1 are selling out in stores as fast as the stores restock them.
11. The new AMD R9 series cards are selling out as fast as stores can get them. (This is revenue analyst have not considered or expected.)
12. The New AMD R9 cards are specifically tweaked for many popular games.
13. AMD GPU’s are and will be in great demand for a long time with BITCON and LITECON miners.
14. Nintendo has popular games released for the Wii U and console sales are increasing.
15. China is now able to buy PS4 and XBOX1 sales and pre orders going through the roof. And another variable that the analyst have not or did not consider!
16. Mantel will allow the game makers to make games that will cross platforms. This is a Biggy!
17. Most all of the new games will be using the AMD created MANTLE API.
18. Gamers will longer need to purchase high end Intel CPUs, to get superior gaming.
19. Gamers will need AMD graphics to get superior graphics with MANTLE API, will allow AMD to take market share from Intel and Nvidia in the PC gaming area and will have the corner on the market in this.
20. Gamers will be able to use less costly AMD CPUs, and be able to get great performance from AMD graphics.
21. MANTLE will greatly reduce sales in this next year to INTEL, and more revenue will go to AMD. This is already happening. Many are jumping ship from Nvidia to AMD PC graphic cards because of mantel, games being tuned for AMD, and cross platform compatibility (Porting) between consoles and PC’s. (Heck there sold out!)
AMD server market is growing:
1. Verizon is deploying SeaMicro SM15000 servers. With AMD inside!
2. HP working with AMD for their HP ProLiant servers.
3. HP ProLiant and AMD solutions powered by AMD OpteronTM processors
4. IBM System x™ servers powered by AMD eight or twelve-core Opteron 6000-series processors.
5. And roomers of other big companies that are going with AMD for their servers.
New Semi-Custom business:
Semi-custom and embedded businesses become consistent free cash flow, because most of the costs are upfront and partially covered by their partners/customers.
Q3 was the first quarter of the ramp; it is very possible that the margin from the console chips is 20% or more. An additional 5% margin on $2.6 billion equals an additional $130 million of profit.
AMD has several new products coming out:
1. Kabini APU. USE LESS POWER AND FASTER plus costs less than the competition.
2. The only X86 architecture bridged with ARM.
3. HSA. WILL REVOLUTIONIZE THE PC market. Intel and Nvidia don’t have it!
4. And new GPU’s that are in great demand
AMD has its catalyst........its 3rd CEO in 7 months........to realize a good stock pop
but I wouldn't trade ARMH for AMD for anything longer than a few weeks
never owned INTC or AMD & still long ARMH since 2009
That's old new read this morning Seeking Alph articles and you'll read AMD is well deserved and well on there way with there turnaround story. Jan is very important to AMD the CES show Jan 7 and earning Jan 19 both should send AMD to $ 4.85.AMD is now profitable and 1/5th price to it's peers.
AMD Radeon R7 260 GPU Brings Graphics Performance, Efficiency and Value
With Mantle API Support and Graphics Core Next (GCN) Architecture, the AMD Radeon R7 260 GPU Is an Ideal Mid-Range Gaming Graphics Card
SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwired - Dec 17, 2013) - AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced the AMD Radeon™ R7 260 graphics card, the newest addition to the AMD Radeon™ R7 Series GPUs, a family of GPUs designed for everyday gamers and people looking to boost the graphics performance of their PCs.
Based on AMD's award-winning Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture, the AMD Radeon R7 260 graphics card also supports Mantle, an industry-acclaimed technology developed by AMD to enable today's top game developers to design games which can harness the GCN-powered cores of both PCs and game consoles. Mantle delivers a streamlined development process, and games enabled with Mantle will speak the native language of the GCN architecture, benefiting from hardware optimization that unlocks revolutionary performance and image quality.
"The AMD Radeon R7 260 graphics card boasts the signature features that set the Radeon brand apart from the competition," said Matt Skynner, corporate vice president and general manager, Graphics Business Unit, AMD. "We're dedicated to delivering the best gaming processing technology and innovative gaming experiences through our line of acclaimed GPUs."
Sentiment: Strong Buy