You and I are on the same page:
I do hope your comments were right!
And no bad feelings I assume.
just healthy back and forth...
opinion we both are giving on what are for the most part - opinions. I say "most part" cause I haven't emailed the doc or any other yahoo posters for that matter and I know you like to be more in the loop so perhaps you have more information.
"OK, then what role do you think he will have??"
My Opinions only, again.
I think the doc will have a monetary backing role, rewarded with stock, of course, and likely also advisory privileges (i.e. the ear of management). I'm not sure exactly how that works, a private placement sort of thing intead of a PIPE or whatever, I don't know.
It is also quite possible there will eventually be a formal announcement of a (advisory) position in the company. This would logically also provide an opportunity for above board (declared) stock rewards instead of reduced costs of obtaining stock as an outsider.
Bottom line is I envision a combination of both monetary and advisory roles.
"as far as the doc's clinic participating in the next trial I don't know where you got that idea from, its not as if there is a clinic shortange certainly it is a far cry from an independent evaluation of a candidate drug compound"
For longs old enough to remember, they had a conflict of interest problem a few years back when a company employee was somehow connected to the number crunchers analyzing the data points of one of the companies studies. I don't even think this mgmt team would be dumb enough to make that mistake twice.
"Dr. Marcus said deelisting is no longer an issue."
"Read Dr. Marcus post again. There will not be a stock offering."
"That means a partnership is in the works."
"his clinic will participate in the next trial"
Hi Phil. I think you are reading too much into doc Marcus' post. He sees positive developments coming. That doesn't mean the stock will not delist. It means that if it delists, it would be a non-issue. From a shareholder standpoint, that means that shareholder value is likely to be regained. That doesn't happen immediately, nor does the likelihood of that prevent the stock from delisting in the meantime.
Nor does it mean that there will not be a stock offering, for the same reason. The doc's comments are far-sighted. Although there is a possibility of no stock offering, this seems slim. Again, just like delisting, a stock offering - although diluting current stockholder equity - does still make that offering a non-issue if it is just a bump on the road (or several bumps) along to a very healthy company balance sheet in the future.
This is what I think it all being "no longer an issue" must mean.
Although a partnership is very likely, the doc's post again does not *mean* one is in the works necessarily. And if one was in the works, the doc's advice (or anyone's) might likely be to hold off until further positive FDA guidance is given, the drugs have moven further along the pipeline and PTN is in a stronger position. But sure, a partnership could happen sooner versus later and I think movement along those lines already having occurred is somewhat likely but I don't expect any announcement of it in the short term.
as far as the doc's clinic participating in the next trial I don't know where you got that idea from, its not as if there is a clinic shortange certainly it is a far cry from an independent evaluation of a candidate drug compound
Still a falling knife... and my YMI has my attention 15 minutes after my post looking for action on it... I got it... already traded over 1 mill shares today... and its begining to exceed my investment threshold for a single holding... I have over 100k shares in one account and a substantial stake in another...
Phil it's getting closer and closer to that 80 cent level. This thing could continue dropping. I'll start buying at that level but only in increments because it might go even lower. IMHO
Dr. Marcus said deelisting is no longer an issue. He also said he is signing a non disclosure agreement. My best guess is his clinic will participate in the next trial. A major drug company will provide the funding.
I suugest you consider the impact of a secondary, without one you won't need a toaster for PTN
The secondary will reduce the price and that would be a good time to buy as the money will fund the companies existence and the share price should be lower...
As I have previously stated, 80 cents per share IMHO. Although it could go even lower. I believe Doc M will be investing at the aforementioned amount. This is my guess so everyone needs to make their own decisions. I will be a buyer in that area if it gets there.