Wed, Apr 23, 2014, 4:49 PM EDT - U.S. Markets closed

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. Message Board

  • foggyswamp foggyswamp Dec 27, 2012 12:46 PM Flag

    Time to add??

    low volume so far today 48000 or so, lets add 5k at 11.12 here she goes, will it fill?

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • Dave;
      Agree with everything you said and S.J. Is definetly the final word.Here is what I don't get.I believe Caff said he own's 500,000 shares.Nobody benefit's more then S.J. From a buyback or better conversion price.Keep 20 million in Bermuda for a " rainy day ".Still leaves 9 million for a current buyback.I am convinced there is not a better use of that money.I keep expecting to wake up to some announcement that proves me wrong and makes sense.My patience is wearing thin.I think I speak for a lot of long term shareholder's.S.J. Just give me a REASON why you are not buying shares here ? For the first time ever I am changing my sentiment rating from " strong buy " to " hold ".After all If management will not buy them here why should anyone ? Sad but true.Cheers.

      Sentiment: Hold

      • 1 Reply to sean777007
      • sean,et.al- from my understanding Cowen will be covering in early February and the ESM listing and evaluation later that month- then starts the 6 month and one day clock to TW listing..I assume that the valuation will be sensible [whatever is normal] and approved by management. Until then you can stand on your head but there will be no buyback [unless they change their mind]. So you have to be satisfied with the timetable. My hope is once the process has started there will be tremendous interest. And I emphasis the word 'tremendous'.We shall see.

        Sentiment: Strong Buy

    • The selling really seems to have dried up since we hit $10. That's usually ended up being a very good phase. That's despite the market overall being rather #$%$.

      Sentiment: Strong Buy

      • 2 Replies to jaretwilson
      • JW, I think anticipation of the ESM listing is growing. Right now the conversion ratio is at least 20:1 come September (higher if we browbeat management into buying more shares). If the ESM IPO goes off at around TW$20, for example, than IMOS should be worth almost $14. Basically, two-thirds of whatever the ESM price is. Note: This assumes 29M outstanding (i.e. Thailin's investment gets bought out). By the way, I noticed that the open interest for March options is relatively high compared to January which is a tad unusual and also February (ignore the 15s because those were sells, not buys, as they hit the bid.)

        Sentiment: Strong Buy

      • Wow yahoo filters everything these days. I had typed CxRxAxPxPxY (without the x's) and it filtered that out. Yahoo, we're not 3 years old.

        Sentiment: Strong Buy

    • order place, stocked jumped a couple of pennies on a 5k placement...

      Sentiment: Strong Buy

    • You should be able to get a much lower price still, say around 10.25. Wait another week for the Tea Parter maroons in the House of Representatives to tank the market.

      Sentiment: Hold

 
IMOS
21.93+0.18(+0.83%)4:00 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.