1) Fslr is the ONLY profitable solar company on the planet
2) Positive cash flow. Although last quarter they did not beat their previous guidance it was still a positive cash flow quarter, bigger than previous quarter. I just think they guided too high from previous quarter, which is almost double their usual revenue. They didn't meet their guidance, so what, it was still a growing quarter!
3) 20 millions of short coverage, now I expect more shares shorted. They have to cover! Given the history of fslr, I highly doubt if it will ever reach below 20 within 2013 if things stay the way they are. High teens would be a gift, I would sell my house to buy-in; hence, shorts must be thinking coverage at these levels. They already almost lost their opportunity when this flew to 30's. Now, they have to be thinking, COVER!
4) Saudi Arabia looking to invest $109 billions in solar. Fslr already started testing compatibility 6 months ago. Now, we are due for contracts announcement, and fslr did hire a VP for middle east division (Ahmed Nada).
5) Obama supports solar, and since his 2nd inauguration the US government has not announced any subsidy toward solar. It will come...
7) Insiders sold a total of 1010 shares within the last 6 months. I have a feeling that the CEO is setting the shorts for a big suprise like the Netflix style. Obviously, when the insiders all think that their stock value is worth more than $36/sh tells us that we are sitting on a timed bomb. We are sitting on a stock that could explode 2-3 times the trading value in just days after the news (Saudi and Obama).
Shorts like to play with fire. Just remember, this was trading in high teens when fslr was losing money. Now in the 20's when they are making profits. Book value puts it at $36/sh. Way too cheap; it is a definate buy!!!!
6) Efiiciency reached 18% (lab), production is slightly lower. In hot climate, Si efficiency reduces while CdT increases. Hence, this is the reason why big solar plants are given to fslr in these hot desseart areas with plenty of sunshine. Si has 21% efficiency but reduces in hot climate, CdT has less than 18% efficiency but raises efficiency in hot climate. CdT is much cheaper than Si. Production of CdT is a little over 2 hours from scratch. Who is the winner here? CdT!!!!!!