Next Monday. Frankly I am a little worried. Thinking of cashing out before earnings. I have 1500 shares at $23, so sitting on a clean double. Will certainly punch out this week if we have a run back to $59.00. Opinions? Diamondboy? I have had a nice run but like SPWR more then I like FSLR. The whole PV versus thin film thing. Just want to see what the board thinks.
To hold or not to hold really depends on how much you trust the management of this company. I sold last week and plan to watch what happens after the earnings and make a decision at that point. I like making money and hate losing it so I'm happy with the profit I secured by selling last week.
Lighten up half your position. many have lightened up, thus the downturn. The problem with selling all? The problem is many have lightened up, and waiting to re-enter post earnings. I have cash on the side waiting to re-enter should earnings be decent or if their is a sell-off. I don't think I am alone.
I thought of doing just that until the second offering happened... I think the pull back already happened, from 59 to 40 and change..I bought back at 41. If it were not for the second offering at 46 my plan would be exactly the same as yours at this time, but I think we'll get better than expected news to push the pps much higher...Compared to the performance of its peers, most of which belong in the handicaped group, the multiple for FSLR is way to low at these levels IMO.
Having said that, if the pps returns to mid to high 50s before the call, I may decide to lighten up a bit on my position again and wait with cash in hand...