1st of all I can see the frustration from some of CVM longs. I don't blame you because I have been holding this stock since 2000 or so. My suggestion is do the Bhudda meditation if you continue to hold this stock. Who knows. We may reach enlightment by the time FDA approves MK for marketing. lol
The company finally reached Phase 3 and got funding for it. It may need a little bit more time to implement all of the strategic plans. We waited decades; another couple of months shouldn't matter much, IMO.
There are alot of reasons why no positive news of progress on P3, but here are mine:
1) Almost everything is ready for patients to start treatment. Why wait? Geert may be holding off patients enrollment until SEC new rules take effect. Can you imagine what hedge fund managers are going to do if the positive news drive up PPS? These managers are going to do everything they can to drive PPS down to protect their short positions. Geert, if this is one of your strategies, I applaud you.
2) Geert wants more centers ready and to enroll alot of patients at the same time. The probability of obtaining some patients with 50% or more tumor reduction is higher when the sample size is larger. We all know that the moment Geert announces patients officially receiving treatment; Wall Street will start its count down on the number of days for tumor reduction. Visualize what would happen to PPS if no 50% tumor reduction occurs within the expected time frame. Now, do you see why starting treatment with a larger sample size is crucial to PPS success?
Geert, I appreciate your shareholder letter and the suttle hints embedded in it. You are a better man than I am if you don't hold a grudge against my impatient demeanor in the recent past.
May God bless the cancer patients and the success of MK.
I appreciate your post, but I don't really agree with your logic.
First of all, the CEO should be concerned first of all about his business; the stock price will follow if the business succeeds.
Second, if he is concerned about the stock price, then he would still want to enroll as many patients as soon as possible and start them on treatment. Even if a couple of patients don't respond, and the news gets out, the stock price drop can only be temporary until positive results come in. If there are no positive results, then there's nothing to save anyways.
But I'm not the CEO for a penny-stock biotech company, so I don't know all the ins and outs. And I don't know anyone in that position, and Geert is not giving us all the information he has, and we don't know why. The stock market hates uncertainty, and that's why the price is dropping. I have a thousand shares, and I can afford to sit on them until some results come in.
he took care most of the businesses.
phase 3 approved, funding, plant built, some treatment centers approved. A smart CEO knows when treatment should start and how many patients have already enrolled is enough to start treatment at the same time or a couple of days or weeks away are all part of business stategies.
you said the stock price will follow if the business succeeds. this is not always the case if short sellers drive price down. Isn't this why the SEC created new rules?
Young man. you have a very impressive perception.
here is a link to support your 1st point on short selling.
here is another link on cvm short interest volume.
Who owns these short positions? I can't find one stock broker that allows short sales on cvm.
Patrick.....Loved the post!!!!!!...
and most especially "You are a better man than I am if you don't hold a grudge against my impatient demeanor in the recent past."
I have to give it to you....that about sums it up for every long on the MB, myself included.....