Hi, you are right this message board is very quiet. I believe Nintendo is a good buy at these prices. Full disclosure, I am long with average price at $16.75. My 2 cents: this stock price has been unfairly beat down along with the gaming sector in general. Investors are overly worried that gaming is moving away from traditional consoles to mobile devices. I believe there will always be a market for traditional gaming and that Nintendo will continue to be a leader and innovator. The Nintendo brand and favourites like Mario have a large following and early sales of the Wii U are doing pretty well. Not too mention 3DS and DS sales seem very strong over the holiday season. According to Yahoo, Nintendo has $10.94 per share in cash as of end of last quarter. I think that when earnings are released in January along with positive catalysts for gaming sector such as announcements regarding X-box and Sony new consoles, video game sector stocks with rebound.
Thanks for the replay. I am trying to help people here to make the right decision and got no answers. So lets see what good points we have to start 2013:
* Wii u sales are steady and not declining, with a great 2013 software ahead.
* 3DS sales are extremely high with 1 millions units sold last week only.
* Original wii is still selling good, specially after price drop.
* Software is selling well. high quality games.
* Nintendo is sitting on a HUGE pile of cash.
* Yen is weakening and will farther weaken meaning more profit for Nintendo.
* Fiscal cliff is over, means economy will recover much sooner worldwide.
* Price target should be 25-30 range this year.