It just broke out of consolidation on high volume. Looking at developed countries life style, lonely, single, young and old all end up with soup. There are new products in the pipe line, and stock should gradually move higher. It is a food company and not technology, so lot of patience is require for long term investors. 5% advance a year can be expected.
There was short covering rally, after the earning news. In this short week, kids going to school, the serious investors will return soon. Folks are busy watching convention coverage. CPB will get a good coverage soon.
There are SEVEN PILLARS OF STOCK MARKET PRACTICE necessary for success.
1. Determine whether the market is in a "bear" or "bull" trend.
Then determine further whether it is a major, intermediate, or minor trend.
TRADE WITH THE TREND!
2. Determine which groups of stocks are the strongest.
TRADE IN STRONG GROUPS FOR ADVANCE! TRADE IN WEAK GROUPS FOR DECLINE!
3. Select the strongest stocks in these particular groups.
TRADE IN STRONG STOCKS FOR ADVANCE! TRADE IN WEAK STOCKS FOR DECLINE!
4. BUY ONLY ON REACTIONS-not on advances!
SELL AND SHORT ONLY ON ADVANCES-not on declines!
5. Place a mental or (if you do not watch the tape) actual stop-loss order of two or three points on your trades.
BE AT ALL TIMES PROTECTED AGAINST POSSIBLE LOSSES!
CLOSE OUT WHEN TRADE GOES AGAINST YOU.
6. Protect your profits by stop-loss orders. Let your profits grow when you see your stocks advancing.
HOLD OUT FOR LARGER PROFITS!
7. Do not hesitate to take your profits; you may be able to re-buy the same stock at lower prices.
SELL WHEN YOU THINK THE MARKET IS DUE FOR A REACTION!
SELL AT THE TOP * * * NOT AT THE BOTTOM
BUY AT THE BOTTOM NOT AT THE TOP
CPB Stock rallied on high volume and will go up again.