Shouldn't be much to hold it down. I don't buy the earnings leak theory, this sucker has been dropping for two weeks. Sell off on an earnings leak with less than 2M shares? Don't think so. I would expect a bounce this week assuming no negative ER surprises. There was solid buy volume between 26 and 29 in Sept/early Oct, probably just cashing out rather than holding through earnings.
Ok einstein, have it your way, its your money. Gaps on indices always get filled. In individual stocks the majority do but not all. HOW LONG DO YOU WANNA WAIT? With your research acumen you'll be losing your shorts waiting for that. I do agree however that if the market tanks and PE's go back to single digits it could see the teens again, but thats probably not very likely. But thanks for the jackass comment, you're a class act.
"You're a re a jackass!"
sounds to me like you make poo-poo in your pants and need to clean yourself!!!!! >>>
And you wonder why you're losing your money in this stock?
"Stupid is , as stupid does."
Good story but they're using old numbers, company raised its guidance last month so current rev projections are 65M-66M, which will be up QOQ and YOY. If they raised guidance that recently then I expect they will meet or beat on the high end. Under promise, over deliver. I would expect solid forward guidance, since INTC and TXN reported strong numbers and TSRA recognizes royalties a qtr in arrears. That should turn the stock around and get it heading back up but with the hammering its taken the last couple of weeks, who knows. Any positive surprise on the legal front and the upside could be quite good. IMHO of course.
To counter your points:
"Even a well-run company could have an employee with loose lips, and remember, smart (and big) investors simply have better sources of information than you or I. (Some of them are even legal!)"
Still... the volume doesn't support a leak. Period. As I said, I agree with the scaling out theory, but volume always tells the story, and this is not a volume sell off.
This has been a cyclical stock, I was trading it for 5 years before the patent mess last year. I am back to trading it again. I thought once it broke above 30 it would finally break up, but it turned over so I sold and got back in this week.
Max pain level could absolutely change between now and Nov expiration. Its not a science but share prices do tend to gravitate toward max pain, which is the point that brings maximum loss to option buyers. Data shows that majority of options expire worthless.
You could be 100% right. So could I. Its probably more likely that theres no explanation whatsoever except for a technical sell-off with the broader market. We'll see tomorrow!