Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Annaly Capital Management, Inc. Message Board

  • happynaturist happynaturist Sep 23, 2004 1:19 PM Flag

    NLY Advice, please?

    I have NLY shares in my brokerage account, but would also like to open a DRiP.

    Should I hold off sending my check until the 28th is past?

    Thanks! Sorry for the rookie question.

    -- Happynaturist

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • Best guess

      It probably doesn't make that much difference when you buy except for possible tax consequences and if you are in an IRA there are no tax consequencs. You can buy now and set it up immediately as a DRIP. When it DRIPS and you end with new shares the price per share will also probably drop about the amount of the dividend.

      Or you can wait to buy after the divy at a lower rate and get a few more shares then instead of through the DRIP. In either case, you will probably end up with approximately the same value. There will be deferred tax consequences by waiting to buy after the divy vs. tax consequences this year by buying and collecting the divy this year.

      Of course that all depends on nothing erratic happening with the share price during this short time period.

 
NLY
9.67+0.29(+3.09%)Jul 7 4:00 PMEDT