1) Paranoid end of year sellers scared of paying a few more bucks in case fiscal cliff is coming.
2) Automated programs by large traders that sense when its time to short and/or take profits based on advanced algorithms.
3) People taking quick profits from the 10% rise over the past couple of weeks.
4) Day traders following the trades like dogs licking each others rear ends doing what the crowd does just because they have no brains after staring at their screens for the past 10 years+.
5) A little dip is good otherwise no one would buy to make it go higher as they expect a drop since they follow patterns brainlessly and without question.
6) Little guys setting stop-losses that all others can see on their screens as pending orders so larger players scoop them up for peanuts with a little selling of their own to get those cheap.
7) Computers, smartphones, wifi and the internet is dead and BRCM is going down the tubes with them.
Perhaps these weak results now, explains why the CEO dumped back then? There is no conviction on the part of buyers it seems. If correction happens in Feb, they'll sell this off furiously. Be careful out there, just saying...