Let's stop the BS about Bush's "strong leadership" post-9-11 and set the record straight.
1. Bush took power
2. Bush ignored the threat of terrorism
3. 9-11 occured
4. Bush was indecisive in that kindergarten class
5. Bush then hid out in Nebraska while his staff invented a "threat" to Air Force One to justify his absence
6. Bush went to war against Afghanistan (so far okay)
7. But instead of finishing the job, he let Bin Laden, Omar Mullah, and lots of Taliban and Al Qaeda to escape
8. Why did they get away? Because they diverted intelligence and military assets to fight a non-threat in Iraq
9. And how do we know Iraq was a non-threat? Because they invented evidence to justify the war and lied to Congress and the American people
10. They botched the occupation of Iraq, and close to 700 allied and countless Iraqis have paid the ultimate price, and more continue to do so
11. They botched the occupation of Afghanistan, as the US-backed government controls nothing more than Kabul, and the rest of the country is a haven for terrorists, religious fanatics, opium producers, and regional warlords
12. And now, over two years after 9-11, the administration is finally training all of our intelligence and military resources toward capturing Osama Bin Laden
The Net Net: Bush's leadership on national security is a FAILURE.