Google the Bloomberg story: 'Fiat-says-china-may-build-all-jeep-models-as-suv-demand-climbs' ...Obama campaign caught lying yet again
To see the source of Romney's comment.
"A Bloomberg story ...had stated that Fiat, which owns Chrysler, "plans to return Jeep output to China and may eventually make all of its models in that country."
Mike Manley, chief operating officer of Fiat and Chrysler in Asia. Chrysler hasn’t built Jeeps there since before Fiat took control in 2009. The volume opportunity for us is very significant,” Manley, who is also president of the Jeep brand, said in an interview at Chrysler’s Auburn Hills, Michigan, headquarters. “We’re reviewing the opportunities within existing capacity” as well as “should we be localizing the entire Jeep portfolio or some of the Jeep portfolio.”
All the fake outrage and turns out to be just more lies from the Obama crew, Romney did NOT lie
1. You and romney get your ideas from news stories, interpretations, a President doesn't
2. Of course they are reviewing opportunities within existing capacity
3. Localizing means building cars where they are sold, building the entire portfolio where they are sold doesn't mean they are not still building the entire portfolio elsewhere. The portfolio is the car lineup. Get it?
4. production here isn't moving to China, an opportunity exists there for production for their market. China almost forces companies to locate there if they want to have sales.
5. oh yes Romney misunderstood simple business practices, and lied too.
6. on Monday 170 workers in IL lose their jobs in Romney's own plant, which is moving to CHINA
7. Chrysler said they are not moving USA Jeep jobs to China, now do you understand it?
8. Romney was trying to mislead people into thinking USA sold Jeeps are going to be made in China, of that there is no denying. Misleading is all he does, and that's LYING.
9. you lose again, romney's no good.
Sergio Marchionne, CEO of Chrysler Group LLC, reaffirmed today that the company is not moving Jeep vehicle production out of Ohio to China.
Chrysler had already refuted a statement made to a crowd in Ohio by Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney that Chrysler was moving all Jeep production from Ohio to China. Romney also has run campaign advertisements making similar statements.
A 30-second television spot shows cars being crushed as a narrator says Obama “sold Chrysler to Italians who are going to build Jeeps in China. Mitt Romney will fight for every American job.”
Chrysler has a Jeep plant that employs thousands of workers in Toledo, where many of the ads have run.
But Marchionne told employees by email, "I feel obliged to unambiguously restate our position: Jeep production will not be moved from the United States to China."
This is from the horse's mouth. Anything out of *your* mouth is immediately suspect due to your constant obsequious fawning and boot licking (what else are you licking) re Romney.