The Koch Bros Sycophants Will Have A VERY Busy MMGW Denial Season
By Alex Morales - Dec 14, 2012 1:27 PM CT
UN Leak Shows More Evidence Humans Cause Global Warming
This report further confirms that there really is no doubt about the fact that the Earth is warming, and there is no reasonable doubt that greenhouse-gas emissions from human activities are the primary driver of that warming,”
“More than half of the total carbon emitted by human activities has been taken up by the ocean and the land since 1750. The remainder has caused an increase in the atmospheric CO2 concentration by over 40 percent since 1750, and by about 10% since 1990.”
- There is “very high confidence” that man-made carbon dioxide dissolved in seawater is causing “gradual acidification.”
- “There is very high confidence that the Greenland Ice Sheet has lost mass since the early 1990s, and that the rate of loss has increased.”
- There is “high confidence” the Antarctic Ice Sheet is losing mass.
- Based on evidence from ice cores, there is “very high confidence” that the concentration of carbon dioxide is 30 percent higher now than during the past 800,000 years. The methane concentration is 125 percent higher.
- The global average surface temperature will “likely” be 0.4 to 1 degree Celsius (0.7 to 1.8 degree Fahrenheit) higher from 2016 through 2035 than during the two decades through 2005.
- It is “very likely” the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation -- the system of currents that includes the Gulf Stream -- will weaken during this century. It is “very unlikely” it will collapse completely.